Wednesday 26 August 2015

wip wednesday

 Hello.  Today is Wednesday and it's the day I go to craft morning at a local church.  I've been working on this 'chunky knit' blanket for one of my boys, so thought I'd share it here for WIP Wednesday
 I've used some 12 ply in the grey and turquoise and the white is a cotton yarn that I bought in Bali - so the blanket will have some interesting texture with the different yarns. 
 The stitch is double crochet - I've alternated between the back loop and the front loop, every ten stitches.  Really easy and it creates a nice pattern.  I think it really suits the chunky knit!
 I won't have too long to go before I'll crochet the border and then sew in all the lovely loose bits of yarn.  Always the fun part of the project!
I'll be sure to share a picture when it's done. 
Thanks for coming by ♥

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Really lovely knitting! Love the colours too!

Susi said...

Lovely blanket! Love the colors and the pattern the stitch makes!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...