Thursday 30 July 2015

crochet dish cloth

 Hello there!  Well July has just flown by. 
This past week, I've been going thru all my many balls of yarn and sorting them all out.  While doing so, I came across a few 'work in progress' projects.  One of them being this crochet dish cloth.  It only needed a few more rows and then finishing off with a border.
So I did just that!  It was a nice little distraction in my busy week ☺
This is 100% Moda Vera Roulotte cotton which I picked up from Spotlight.  Being cotton, I thought it would make great wash cloths. 

 The pattern is single crochet, I've done five stitches in the back loop and then five stitches in the front loop; continuing this pattern in each row.  This creates a slight ridge and a texture to the cloth.
 I've gone around the edge with single crochet and then a row of small scallops to complete.
It's rather pretty and will be a nice addition to my kitchen sink.  I've got more yarn left over and also more in another colour, so I think I'll make up a few more of these.

Thanks for coming by ♥

3 comments:

Miss Jane said...

That is awesome. I love it! And what a lovely way to do the dishes

Lizzy Hill said...

What a wonderful project....they would make lovely little presents, too:) Love the bright colour. Cheery in the winter!!

Lizzyc said...

Your cloth looks great and I have one and it is good for the bathroom sinks etc to clean them with!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...