Wednesday 5 November 2014

weaving

 Weaving ............................ an old-age craft which is definitely making a come back with a modern twist.  I've been seeing lots of gorgeous weaves, popping up on Instagram☺
 Recently, I purchased this simple hand loom kit from Typo Shop, so I could have a little play around .......................  I can see it being addictive.

 For my first piece, I'm using what was supplied in the kit ............. though I'm thinking I might add in some buttons.  I'm not following any particular design; just having a bit of fun and seeing where it takes me.
 The kit included three balls of yarn - two very bright colours - and some jute === which is used as the warp thread but I'm also incorporating it into my weave to give it a very rustic look.
 Because the jute is quite a thick thread, some of the warp is visible.  For my next one, I think I will try a white cotton thread and possibly thicker yarn.
It's quite a slow process, but I'm finding it very relaxing and great therapy at the end of a busy day .................................  a great little project to have around the place ☺

I'm linking this post with 'Currently Creative' by Give a Girl a blog.

I will be sure to share some more as I go along.
Thanks for popping by.

Creating with love + happiness ♥

3 comments:

Bec R said...

Love it Chantelle! I can see you'll be having a lot more fun with this. I'm tempted to do a little online shopping now ;-)

Val-Belle said...

Oh wow that looks sooo cool... can't wait to see it finished....

Lizzyc said...

That looks amazing please show the end result would love to see it!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...