Tuesday 30 September 2014

jellywares yarn club

hello - back with some more sharing from the crochet department ☺  I think this is fast becoming my favourite hobby!
I recently signed up for the Spring Jellywares Yarn Club which I came across on Instagram - I had seen some of my other friends making beautiful things from this club and I loved the idea of receiving crochet goodies each month and creating something with it!!  
 The September installment arrived - we received some lovely Noro yarn, a gorgeous calico hand-stamped project bag and a letter which included links to projects we might like to try ........................
I couldn't wait to get started!!
 I settled for a circular snood (scarf)  I've made this one before and thought this yarn would really suit the design, showing off the gorgeous colours.
As you can see, I couldn't wait to see all the colours in this ball of yarn, so I went about un-ravelling - probably not the best idea as I spent a little bit more time, rewinding the ball neatly, so I could crochet with it!
 Here is is all completed - I just love the array of colours.
 I used the v-stitch (again) ; has been one of my favourite stitches to work with lately.  I love the finished texture.
And here it is, sitting nicely around my neck. It wraps around twice and I can position it to show certain colours.
I've actually just placed a little order for some more of this amazing yarn - I'm planning to make the scarf a little longer and do another project.  The Noro yarn was beautiful to work with and it has a nice organic feel to it.
I can't wait to see what Jodie has planned for October ☺

Thanks for coming by.
Creating with love + happiness ♥

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Looks beautiful..

Val-Belle said...

That is beautiful and I love all the colours in it :D

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...