Saturday 27 September 2014

crochet baby blanket

 hello ☺  oh this last week of Term 3 has been so busy and kept me away from here.  I have lots of projects 'on the go' at the moment - ranging from scrapbooking + canvas art to crocheting + baking goodies - so much to share ........................
Now it's school holidays - so happy about that - a bit more relaxed routine and spending time with my boys ☺

Today I'm sharing a special little project that I've been working on over the past weeks.  I stopped all my current crochet projects to get this one done!


 On a recent trip to Spotlight I came across some beautiful yarn - Baby Bella bamboo blend - 80% bamboo + 20% merino wool. 
It was going out on sale, so I grabbed a bundle in white with the plan to make a baby blanket for my sisters new baby☺
 I decided on a simple, straight-forward design and used the rope stitch (or v-stitch)
This is nice and quick!!  I only had a few weeks to make it ☺
 It was such a lovely yarn to work with - the end result was just beautiful and I was so pleased with it.  I did a border of five single crochet - adding in two rows of grey as I wanted to keep it neutral for 'boy' or 'girl'.
 The blanket falls really nicely and needed no blocking - I would definitely like to use this yarn again.
 I can't wait to see the little baby all wrapped up!!
I hand delivered the blanket a few days ago - my sister had a baby girl - such a beautiful little bundle - I'm a proud auntie ☺

Enjoy your weekend and see you soon ♥

4 comments:

Lizzyc said...

This looks so soft and snuggly! Beautiful rug!

Kellie said...

What a perfect gift Chanetelle, it looks so gorgeous and love your wrapping.

Val-Belle said...

This is a beautiful blanket. you are so talented.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Very very clever indeed!!! :D

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...