Wednesday 11 June 2014

date and banana cake

 Hello creative people ☺  Today I'm sharing another recipe from my Kitchen.  This one has been well and truly 'tried and tested' many times and is our favourite cake.  I make this weekly for the lunch boxes and it's very well loved.  It's delicious and moist and is gluten free and refined sugar free. 
 I like my baking to be quick and easy, especially for weekly baking!  Generally, the recipes I use are only a few steps and can be whipped up with ease - I've been known to make these before school and the boys can enjoy some on their way to the bus ☺


Ingredients & Method

2/3 cup medjool dates (pits taken out)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup rapadura

Place all the above ingredients into a bowl and add:
3/4 cup of boiling hot water

Allow to sit for about 5mins to soften the dates and melt butter.

Add to bowl:
2-3 ripe bananas
2 eggs

Process mixture together so it's all blended well.

Add to bowl:
1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1 cup almond meal
2 tsp gluten free baking powder
1 tbsp chia seeds

Combine all ingredients well.

Pour into lined loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees
for approx 30-40 mins or until cooked

 

 Enjoy with fresh homemade butter ☺
 This recipe also makes lovely cupcakes - just follow the same method as above, fill cup-cake liners 3/4 full and bake for approx 15 mins or until cooked.
Walnuts are a great addition to this cake - either mixed through batter or sprinkle over the top before baking!
I've received some lovely reviews on my gluten free Ginger Spice Cake - I'm glad it's being enjoyed by some of you. Thank you for the feedback.

Let me know if you make this Date and Banana Cake too ☺

Creating with love and happiness ♥

If you would like to print out this post - please click on the post title and scroll down to bottom of post til you see the 'print friendly' button.  Click and it will open a PDF and allow you to print - thank you ☺

3 comments:

Byl Family... said...

YUM YUM! THese look fabulous Chan! Definitely going to give them a go! Love the new blog header and layout, FABULOUS!!! :)

Lizzyc said...

Yum! Can almost smell them!

Unknown said...

Oh Chantelle, thank you for sharing! With a household of boys too I am forever baking so I have printed this off to try...thanks for visiting my blog recently too...your comment made me so happy..thank you xo

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...