Wednesday 5 February 2014

February sketch for The Scrapbook Store

 Hey everyone - February already ..........  The monthly sketch is up at The Scrapbook Store and I'm popping in to share my inspiration.
Here is the sketch - remember, sketches are just a starting point for your page ......
 ..... and here's what I've created:
 I still had some left-overs from my Jan kit, so I've used some papers from Simple Stories - the Daily Grind collection.  I really wanted to make use of the Sn@p pockets, so I've made a little collage of photo's to fit in the pocket.  A great way to add extra photos to your page.
Here are some close-up's:
 I have always loved to make my own embellishments.  Here I've used bottlecaps, the 1" circle punch and an epoxy dot to create these two bottlecap flairs ☺
I've also snuck in another speech bubble by WOW.
 Here is the Sn@p pocket from this collection.  I've created a collage of photo's - adding in a little title + peg - it fits nicely in the pocket.
For my title I've used my Silhouette and used the brush script font and black cardstock, then I've outlined in black pen.
For the different textures on this page, I first used a CW mini circle grid stencil with modelling paste.  Once dry, I've swiped over with grey paint, added splatters of mist, script stamp + stitched circle stamp with ink.
The black mini pegs hold the spray of flowers from Green Tara.

Product used:
Bottle Caps
1" circle punch
modelling paste
Silhouette - title
Prima - Stitched circle stamp
Prima - Script stamp

Please check the gallery for more inspiration for the sketch.  We hope you can play along this month - as always there is a $40.00 voucher for the randomly picked winner!!
Thanks so much for coming by ♥

5 comments:

sandi said...

Fabulous! What a fun, upbeat lo! Love the mix with this sketch!

Lizzy Hill said...

Oh,I do so LOOOVE your little pocket for the extra photos...& the bottle caps...inspiring me to get mine out. They've been LANGUISHING for a while...looks like you guys had a fun holiday:):)

Lizzyc said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, love the extra photos in the pocket!

Hafi Hand Made Cards said...

Wonderful beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your website, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal I had been tiny bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea

Cccam Server

Chantalle said...

What a great take on the sketch. I'm gutted I've missed out on those Prima circle stamps twice now - they look so fab!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...