Friday 2 November 2012

new norcia

Hello - hope your week has gone well - I have another page to share - this one is for ARTastic - the November challenge - sounds crazy to be saying November - I cannot believe how quickly this year is passing by ☺
The inspiration piece for the challenge is this lovely quilt - how clever and detailed is it?  The challenge for your project is to use fabric and stitching - lots of fun!!

Here's what I've come up with:
 ... not quite as detailed as the quilt, but rather a bit more simple ☺  I've included some purple fabric as a mat to my photo and also stitching on the fabric...
These are some photo's of our recent camping trip - we stayed at so many places and saw many interesting sights - I would love to make an album with at least once page of each of the places we stayed ☺
Here are some close-up's:
 ... a crochet flower with a fabric covered button ... AC thickers and tiny star buttons ...
 ... the purple fabric and stitching - I've used some resin blossoms and also some script stamping in the background ...
... my ever faithful typewriter for journalling (as my printer has decided not to print text anymore :(

Please check out the ARTastic blog for all the details - this is a great and easy challenge and we hope to have lots of players this month - great prizes up for grabs too ☺

Thanks so much for visiting ☺

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI.. This looks lovely, the flowers are stunning in the bottom photo, are they iris? wonderful take on the challenge, love the purple elements...

Marelize said...

I love New Norcia Chantelle! The buildings have got such character.
Your layout is beautiful. Love how you've picked up the colour from the flowers.
Have a lovely weekend. xx

Jasmine S said...

The quilt is stunning and your photos are just perfect as inspiration. Loving the purple too.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...