Saturday 23 June 2012

favourite time of day

Hey, hope you are having a great weekend.  Ours has been nice - relaxing and spending time with our boys ☺
I've done the challenge over at Polly Scrap Kits - using the following inspiration picture.

Here's what I've come up with:
All of the products used come from Polly Scrap Kits - June Kit.  Really love what Kayla has put together ♥
I've used the quote in the inspiration picture and also the idea of the leaves in the background - have used a stamp to create these.
Here are some close-up's:
 ... a cute denim rolled flower ...  also a close-up of the stamped leaves - the stamp is by Fontwerts and I've used Crumb Cake ink from Stampin'Up ...
 ... October Afternoon sticker letters - I like to outline stickers as it gives them more depth and makes them stand out ...

... and the quote which comes from the inspiration picture ... the shimmer in the background is from some Studio Calico mist - Shine ...

I love this set of photo's - one of Caden's favourite things to do is read or listen to stories - he has an amazing memory and is quite good at memorizing some of his books ☺

I have never really worked with kits before, but I have to say that it's been nice to put a LO together using only a selected amount of products and to make them work together - this June kit is pretty amazing and has some fabulous NEW products in it too!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend ♥

5 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

The leaves stamped in the background & outlining the Alpha Stickers looks FANTASTIC.... Such a AWESOME layout Chantelle!!

Lizzy Hill said...

I agree with Rachael....I really LOVE crumbcake...actually, all SU inks are really great:) And I've just 'discovered' the drawing around stuff & it really does make it 'pop' more...sweet memories here. SO fleeting. I used to LOVE reading to my boys Now it's the oldest one's turn to do so to HIS baby...time passes:):):):)

Anonymous said...

Always love to see kids reading!! It's such an important part of learning. Gorgeous layout, Kayla does do awesome kits.

x M

Adriana B said...

fantastic page, love the cute photo too :)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

This is super! I love your page and how lovely is this memory too? Stunning work, Chantelle! :D

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...