Wednesday 20 April 2011

you love sand

 I have lots of awesome beach pictures of my kids - we live less than five minutes from the beach so there's plenty of opportunity.  But I really love these ones that I captured of my youngest - this is what he loves to do best at the beach - just play with the sand.
I've used these pics to make a LO using the April Sketch at Handmade By Suzanne - another great sketch by Michelle Fowler.  Loved using this one alot and for once, I've used pattern paper as the base. 
Here are some close-up's of the details:


 Some buttons - the large one is made from fimo which I've made - I have a thing for layering buttons lately!!
 another little embellishment - i've attached some star shapes and a button to a small pick - some American Craft letters - a ruffled vintage book print heart.
And here is the sketch if you would like to have a go yourself!  You will notice that I've flipped this sketch to the side.




















Ok, that's my share for today - thanks for coming by.

6 comments:

Jasmine S said...

You aced the sketch. Love your star and the little star wand. Cute. And how perfect are your colors matched with the pic? Gorgeous details too.

Jules said...

gorgeous chantelle... fabulous colours! my little guy is the same - loves sand, but forget those waves that suck you in! great page... :) x

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Fabulous Chantelle, a simply beaut layout!

Melissa Hortin said...

Great take on the sketch Chantelle. I love that you flipped it on it's side to work with your photos. Great pics of your youngest. Love all your embellies especially the little wand. Gorgeous. Mel xxx

Samantha said...

Oh i so love how you have worked this sketch! these photos are totally amazing! and i love the littl elements you have created! totally JOY!

Leeann Pearce said...

Hey... gorgeous page Chantelle...and i totally dig your handmade embellies bits too...that wand clever!!!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...