Tuesday 1 March 2011

Challenge #1 at Stuff 2 Scrap

The first challenge is up at Stuff 2 Scrap!!  The fabulous Leeann from the Creative Team has set the first challenge and it's a FUN one. 

Grab a piece of chipboard and think about taking it to the next level...
- don't just paint it and cover it with pattern paper take it a little further than you normally would...
...so do you want to play CAUSE there's a prize up for grabs if you do.
- embellished a piece of chipboard more than you normally would
- it can be on the page or take it off the page
- we would LOVE it to be Stuff 2 Scrap chipboard BUT if you don't have some we are OK with another brand this time.


- you have until the 31st MARCH 2011

Here's what I've come up with:


 I've used the large bubble border and made it into a frame for my scrappy LO.
The whole LO is rather simple, most of the details are on the frame or close by.
Here are some close-up's of the details:
 The frame has been covered in glue then sprinkled with sand.  I've added buttons to imitate a wave.  I've even added in some real shells from the beach where we live.
The background is some gauze I raided from the first aid kit - I think it really suits this beachy theme.
 Little black letters for the title and a chipboard bird onto which I've stamped a leaf pattern.
I've used some glimmer-mist on the 'beach' title - have also added in a ticket with a birdie stamp.

So this challenge was heaps of fun for me - i love how it turned out - please head over to the Stuff 2 Scrap to see all the details of how you can join in - there's lots of great inspiration from the Creative Team - we are really looking forward to see what you all come up with.

Thanks for coming by and happy crafting.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i just love your example with a beachy theme..colours look great

Jasmine S said...

Well I think this is a winner. This is sooooo awesome. I love how the circles cover the photo yet highlight it, love the row of buttons and the circle of shells. I love love love this.

Samantha said...

oh this is an amazing layout! i just LOVE how you have used this chippie! totally clever!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Your a clever chicky, this is awesome. What a great idea!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...