Friday 5 March 2010

everyday play: Scrapbooking.

I have FINALLY started my family scrapbook album for this year.  It only took me two months!!  Now that I have started, I feel very motivated to keep it up.  I have allowed myself to make at least two layouts per month; if there's more, than that can only be a good thing.
Printing out the photo's was another thing.  I was finding myself getting behind in this too.  So I've just recently bought a new printer - HP Photosmart C5380 All-in-One - now I can just print out the photo's I want to use for my scrapbook layouts and all the rest go to my photography blog and digital storage media.  This way, I won't have boxes and boxes of photo's just sitting there.
Having just opened up my new Etsy store; life has been a little busier, but very fun.  Thanks to those who have been checking it out and even buying some of the embellishment delights.  I'm hoping to bring out some new things soon, including embellishments particularly for boy scrapbook pages.  For those of you that know me, I have four boys!  I love making pretty things, but they don't get used alot for my own personal use - so I'm looking at making some fun boy stuff out of fabric pieces.
Well that enough of the talking, here's the first layout I've done.  These photo's of my little lad Caden, were just taken the other day, so I guess I'll be working back-wards to January.
This is a 12x12 layout - base cardstock in Riding Hood Red by Stampin'Up.  I've used a few bits of pattern paper from my scrap basket and printed out a sheet of lined paper from the internet.
I've used some chipboard letters which I've glossed up with Glossy accents.  The 'everyday' is made from rub-ons by Making Memories.
There's only a small bit of stamping - have used an image from a Basic Grey set - doesn't it look just like a doily?
And then lastly, I've added some embellishments - scrunched up paper circles with buttons and twine.
Here's a closer look:

I would love to have my own hand-writing on my layout, but I've always struggled with my hand-writing - so for now I use cool fonts on my computer and print them out.  In saying that, I am slowly but surely concentrating on my hand-writing style and maybe soon......... I might actually hand-write my journalling.

Thanks for looking.

Product used:
Stamps: Basic Grey
Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Wild Wasabi, pattern paper, white lined paper (internet)
Ink: Riding Hood Red
Others: Martha Stewart punch, chipboard letters, rub-on's, button, twine, SU circle punches

4 comments:

alyssa b said...

hey chantelle ... another awesome layout, you have a great eye for colour ... i had always printed all of my journalling ... but just recently i have started putting my handwriting onto my layouts and it took a bit of getting used to, especially because i have never been a big fan of my own handwriting ... it has been very liberating and i love the fact that i don't need to access my computer to finalise my layout and the many more options it has given for how i can incoporate my journalling into my layout :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous page - love the colours! Renae

Unknown said...

Sooo beautiful, and the photos of Caden are so vibrant! Fabulous page:)

Stacey Schafer said...

I'm always wowed by your scrapbook pages:) Love the colors and patterns here!raststio

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...