Saturday 2 January 2010

Challenge #19: Stampin' Sisters in Christ

I discovered a very inspirational challenge blog called Stampin' Sisters in ChristThey have challenges based on a scriptural verse from the bible and what it means for you!  I love this idea and played along with this weeks challenge which is:
Psalm 25:4-5 "Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior and my hope is in you all day long."
The challenge is to create a New Years card or project.
So here's what I've created:



I've made a card using one of the verses from the Devoted stamp set by Unity Stamps.  This is a nice text to think about as we start the new year; and make plans and set goals to achieve. 
I've started with a base card in White, then layered on some Pink Pirouette and pattern paper from Basic Grey - June Bug.  I've used the lace doily punch along the bottom edge.
I've stamped the text in Riding Hood Red onto White cardstock, then matted onto Riding Hood Red cardstock.
For the embellishments, I've used the tab punch and added a flower brad.  I've attached a flower to the lace and finished off with three small pearls.  Here's a closer look at the details:

This challenge closes tonight so be sure to have a look here to view all the details if you wish to join in.  I look forward to seeing the next one soon.

Product used:
Stamps: Devoted (Unity Stamps), 5th ave floral (SU)
Cardstock: White, Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red, Basic Grey, Bashful blue
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Riding Hood Red
Others: Lace doily punch, lace, tab punch, flower brad, flower, pearls

4 comments:

Bec said...

This is lovely.. I just adore the lace and that pattern paper is stunning.. Bec xx

peggysue said...

What a gorgeous card, lovely use of color and embellishments and lace. Thanks for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week, we hope to see you again next!

theneon said...

Wonderful project - so much lively color and adornments.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I like your card. This is my first time stopping by your blog, very nice. I hope you come by often and play with us at SSCC.

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...