Thursday 17 December 2009

Card patterns - sketch 45

Card Patterns has this sketch up at the moment - check it out, it's a little bit of a tricky one.

Here's my card:

I've used mostly Stampin'Up product for this card.  The stamp set is Friends 24-7 - one of my favs.  I've used Choc Chip and Pink Pirouette colours and some of the Designer Series pattern paper.
I've stamped the bird image onto White in Choc Chip ink, then again in the Pink.  Then, I've cut out the bird and pasted over the image.
I've added some stitched ribbon and some buttons for embellishments.
Here's a closer look at some of the detail:


Today is the last day of school - kids come home at lunchtime and the later on in the day, we have been invited to school for a dinner and Christmas concert.  Should be a lovely evening.  This will mark the start of school holidays - YAY.  I hope to enjoy a more relaxed pace - though it will probably be still rather busy.  Christmas lunch to organise, hubby's birthday, swimming lessons, camping for a week........ it should be fun.  Hopefully I still get some time to stamp and share what I'm creating.  Til next time....

7 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

I just love those colours together. You've done such an awesome job with this sketch. Yes, it was a bit tricky and I freaked out at first! (just quietly)

Kellie said...

I love what you have done with the sketch Chantelle it's absolutely gorgeous and pink and brown, yum, my fav colour combo!
Hugs, Kel xx

whoistracy said...

This is gorgeous Chantelle! I love the soft colors and that sweet little bird.

dstandard said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the colors and your take on t he sketch!

Bec said...

Oh WOW.. this is amazing.. I love the colour combo.. I also will have your prize in the mail soon..Thank you for your support over the past year..Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

Melissa Wright said...

This is gorgeous!!! Love the colour combo and the simplicity of it!!

Karen said...

Hi Chan!

Wowsers!! This IS a tricky sketch, but you have done an AWESOME job with it!

Karen
x

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...