Wednesday 25 November 2009

'me + Dad'

I've managed a little bit of scrapbooking this week.  I've been spending alot of time, going thru my craft room, sorting out the many boxes of assorted goodies I have and trying to decide what to keep and what I think I may use.  WOW, I really didn't know how much 'stuff' I had accumulated over the years.  It's amazing and has been lots of fun.  After focusing on Stampin'Up product for the past three years, it will be nice to use some of the other products in my stash, especially in scrapbooking.  So anyway, I've created this 8x8 layout using some neglected product that I found.  I love these cute photo's of Caden with his dad; they have such a close bond and share many fun times.

The base is SU cardstock in Not Quite Navy.  I've used the Friendly Words wheel to create a background.
I've matted the bigger photo onto a Top Note Diecut in Riding Hood Red.
I've made the little tag using by re-cycling a clothing tag - isn't it the cutest?  The other day a friend gave me some Cuttlebug dies that she no longer uses and I've already put one to good use - the little 'love' stamp on the tag was made with it.  I've added some dotted ribbon and a button. 
Here's a closer look at the details:


The chipboard letters to make the word 'dad',  have been painted with red paint, then I've sanded the edges.  I've stamped some heart images from the Sprinkles stamp set, but the photo does not pick this up.

Another layout completed for Caden's '1st year album'. 

Product used:
Stamps: Friendly Words, Expressive Flexible Phrases
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Not Quite Navy
Others: Ribbon, chipboard letters, Top Note diecut, clothing tag, Cuttlebug, button, twine, paper piercer

4 comments:

aimee said...

hello there - i LOVE the letters! red is one of my favourite colours at the moment :)

HH said...

That is so cute Chan. I love the red letters as well. I'm sure you would have come across some surprises going through all your craft stuff.

Jen said...

Hi Chan, its been a while since i surfblogs, nothing like i used to, have to get back into it again next year, its something that just has lost my interest over the last 3months.
I love your creations and look forward to many more to get me back on track of inspiration.
You are one talented lady and i love it all:)

Miriam Thomas said...

Hi Chantelle- You layout looks gorgeous I love the sanding on the lettering!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...