Tuesday 18 August 2009

Colour challenge

Makeesha's Inkspiration Challenge for last week was a colour one: Bashful Blue, Certain Celery, Pumpkin Pie and Very Vanilla. I had a bit of fun putting together some creations for this one, though they didn't get uploaded seeing as I wasn't blogging. All the same, I wanted to share them.
First up an 8x8 scrapbook page:

For this page I've used the Wild about You stamp set and the Tres Chic BG stamp. I've not only stamped this onto the Certain Celery cardstock but also onto the wide twill.
In each of the colours, I've stamped up the little animals, but them out and arranged onto the layout. I've added the 'wild about you' sentiment and a clear button with some designer paper behind it.
Next up is this little love note card:

I've punched out four squares of assorted cardstock and designer paper and arranged onto the Vanilla card. Then I've used the Just Beachy stamp set to stamp up the little thongs in the Bashful Blue. Using the circle punches, I've arranged onto the orange square and added some small bits of bling to the thongs! The sentiment is from Best Yet (hostess set) and I've finished off with some grosgrain ribbon in Celery.
And lastly, another card which measures 10cm x 10cm:

I've inked up a shell image from the Seaside stamp set; one I haven't used in a while! With stazon black, I've stamped it onto some water colour paper, then using the Celery and Blue inkpads along with my aqua painter, I've coloured it in. Then I've cut it out and poped up onto the Bashful blue cardstock, which I've stamped with the Sanded BG stamp. I've torn a piece of the corner so that I could attach a jumbo eyelet with some twine, just to make it look a bit rustic.
It's always fun to create a few different projects with the same colours. I always start off with the scrapbook page and then use the left-overs to make up some cards or other item. It's a great way to use up all the bits on your craft desk!

2 comments:

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

WOW Chantelle, look at your amazing creations! You really made this colour challenge work. LOVE your LO and the cards are just gorgeous. Hope your well.
Kristy xo

Charmaine Black said...

Hi Chantelle, I really like this card, I'm a bit of a fan when it comes to this set "Seaside" I love all things to do with the sea. Thanks for sharing, lots of inky hugs from Charmaine :-)

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...