Monday 25 May 2009

Male card challenge

This weeks challenge at the ESAD group (Stampin'Up forum for demo's) was set by the lovely Karen Thomas from Luv to Stamp The challenge was to create a male card in 10 minutes and it had to include circles. Great challenge Karen. Thought it took 10mins to make, I think it took longer than that to think about what to create. Usually my cards have more layers and embellishments, so this was a nice change. So here's my very simple masculine card!
I've started off with a base card in Kraft. I've used Circle Circus to stamp up the circle images along the bottom panel of card. Then I've layered some strips of DP from Urban Oasis and distressed the edges. I've run another piece of Kraft cardstock thru the crimper and layered onto the DP. Then I've added a clear button with twine. The sentiment is from Wonderful Favourites and it's completed with two black brads.
With some left-over DP, I made a Sunny Boy container. These are just super cute and I love making them So this one matches the card nicely.

And here they are together. Thanks for the fun challenge Karen.

9 comments:

Sarah-Jane Kalé said...

Ooohhh Chantelle!!! I LOVE that card. WOW!!!! Absolutely FAB!!

Sarah
x

aimee said...

nice! go the twine! i like the 'sunny boy'..where does that name come from? we sell sunny boy icecreams that are shaped like that in the shop!

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

ooh Great male card and sunny boy!
Kristy

Mandy Schiller said...

Love it Chantelle! I love those neutral colours they are my favourite.

Mandyxx

Leigh said...

Chantelle, you have done such a fabulous job with this challenge. I love your card, especially the brads at the beginning and end of the greeting.

Kellie said...

Oh these are just fantastic! 10 min hmmm not sure I could do that, I struggle really bad with male cards, but yours are very inspirational that is for sure!

Liam said...

Love these both the card and the sour cream container. Love it. Great Male card and so simplistic.

Liam

Lou said...

Love the stunning simplicity of this Chantelle!

Shannon said...

Hi Chantelle! Thanks for your comment awhile back--WOW your samples are so beautiful! I'm going to become a follower so I can check back when I need some inspiration. Hope you are doing well!

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...