Wednesday 22 April 2009

Scrappin' good time.

It feels like ages since I've done any scrapbooking. I saw this sketch by Amy Rysavy and thought it would make a wonderful scrapbook layout. So I've based my 8x8 scrapbook page on this sketch, just changing it a little because my photo is landscape.

It was fun to scrapbook this precious photo of my mum and Caden taken in February of this year. I've used the Urban Oasis DP and also Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set which is just BEAUTIFUL.
The base cardstock is Night of Navy which picks up the clothes Caden is wearing. Along the bottom of the page I've stamped the rose image in the same colour ink. The photo's below picks up some of that detail. Then I've added a layer of DP and used the scallop edge punch to one side. I've layered the photo with Baja Breeze and more DP from the same pack.
For the sentiment, I've used Life's Definitions stamp ' favourite' and used a little clip to attach. This clip is from Clips Assortment which comes with three different kinds of clips. They are very cute!!
I've finished off the page with ribbon in Kiwi Kiss, brads, paper piercing and some glitter to the rose.
I whipped up this page in no time at all. Having a great sketch to work with does help and is often a great starting point. I picked out colours that complimented the photo and then added the accessories. I will def. use this sketch again!!








3 comments:

aimee said...

so cute! love it :) so true, he is a little favourite :) xx

Lou said...

Oh my goodness Chantelle this is such a BEAUTIFUL page. Not a bad little subject either! Look forward to seeing you next week. Keep the new stuff coming - I love stalking your blog!

Tracey Feeger said...

This is fabulous. I love the way you have made a card sketch into a layout. Great job.
mwah
Trace

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...