Thursday 15 May 2008

Fun & Fast Notes

I've been busy this past week, making card samples for the cute stamp set Fun & Fast Notes. I love colouring in images and using different mediums to do this. So in each card, I've done different techniques etc.


My colours for this card were inspired by my blog candy question: favourite colour combo's. One combination was: Elegant Eggplant, Pretty in Pink & Lavender Lace. These are colours I wouldn't normally use, so it was good to go with something different. And I think it really does suit the image. So I've stamped the image and coloured in with SU markers. Then I've applied glitter.
1. Cover white piece of cardstock with stamped image in Versamark
2. Sprinkle over Heat & Stick powder and heat with heat gun until just melted. Now it will be sticky.
3. Sprinkle with Dazzling Diamond glitter and heat set.
I haven't used this technique much, but it is fun and the result is just dazzling!!


This cute little square card used some of my favourite new In-Colours Wild Wasabi, Purely Pomegrante and Groovy Guava teamed up with Certain Celery and co-ordinating Designer Prints. The image has been stamped with Black Stazon and I've coloured in using Ink from lid of ink pad and Aqua Painter. This is a great way to colour in as you can choose your depth of colour by applying layers and hi-lighting certain areas. The vase and plate have been covered in Crysal Effects, which is hard to pick up in the photo but looks great IRL.
Regal Rose and Soft Sky together with paper from Berry Bliss make for a great colour combination. This cute little bird has been coloured in with the Pastels. It's been finished off with the wide grosgrain in Regal Rose; I just love this ribbon so you will be seeing more soon. And a scallop edge with the Slit Punch.
Here is another one of my cute little pocket cards. This hedgehog is so sweet and I've coloured him with my Watercolour Crayons and aqua painter. Full images have been stamped on the pumpkin pie, so I've hi-lighted one by using my circle punch and scallop punch. Colours are Pumpkin Pie and Ballet Blue teamed with Close to Cocoa Designer Prints. I'm loving all the double sided paper SU has to offer. A jumbo eyelet has been set using my new Crop-o-dile and some tafetta ribbon to finish off. The Crop-o-dile is such a great tool; the ease at which you can set all kinds of eyelets and punch holes is amazing!!
This last card shows some paper peicing, so no colouring in and it's a fun way to cover an image. Simply stamp the image onto some pattern paper, cut out and stick onto stamped image. I've used the Crop-o-dile to dry emboss the top of cardstock and also used it to pierce holes in the scallop edge. Colours are Kraft base card with Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal and Brilliant Blue Designer Prints.

All images © Stampin'Up 1990-2008

6 comments:

Jen said...

YOU SURE HAVE BEEN BUSY CHAN!
AND OF COURSE I lOVE THEM ALL!

Bruce and Sarah said...

Just got home from a Stampin'Up demo with Keesh, and feeling all inspired ... this adds more inspiration. Great job!!

Anonymous said...

OOOOHLove these Chan!!! You have really used the Fun and Fast notes well! Love the Hedgehog one the best! Thanks for sharing :)
Love keesh x

HH said...

Gorgeous all over Chan. They are really pretty.

Jean McKenzie said...

Gosh Chantelle, you have been busy and making full use of that great set. I find it wonderful for practising my watercolouring technique! Love your card ideas and colours!!

Tracy said...

Hi Chantelle,
Have just discovered your webpage through another blog (can't remember who) and have to leave a comment on how much I love your 'fast and fun notes' cards. You have done a wonderful job with them - showing versatility and easibility! I think I will have to put this stamp set to the front of my wish list! Thanks so much for sharing the different colouring techniques. Especially love the dazzling diamonds one (glittery one)

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...