Wednesday 16 January 2008

First card for the year...

Finally, my first creation for the year. I managed to sit down today and come up with this card. First I have to say, I was totally inspired by a card I saw, colour and design. So I've cased it and come up with my own card. The original card is from Kendra (Inkin It Up) http://inkinitupwithkendra.blogspot.com/2008/01/happy-friday-happy-cupcake-day-its.html

All of the stamps and DP are from our new Summer Mini Catalogue. Lots of fun stuff to play around with. I wouldn't normally use these colours, but they look great together.
I've stamped the heart picture onto Whisper White and then punched out using the circle punch. The heart has been cut out and then raised with dimensionals. Then I've added some glitter. (not easy to see in the picture) I've matted onto Real Red using a Scallop punch. The corners have been punched using the smallest circle punch from SU. The card has been finished off with ribbon and the sentiment. A perfect card for someone you love or Valentines Day!!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Sweet on You, Small Sayings
Cardstock: Real Red, Pink Passion, DP - Loves me, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: Ribbon (non-SU), Scallop punch (non-SU), Blender Pen with Ink Pads, Glitter, Dimensionals.

All images Copyright Stampin'Up 2008

2 comments:

HH said...

I love those colours!! Great start to the year. I'm missing the beach, it's so hot today...sigh (:

Anonymous said...

Very nice card, love it!
Catcha, Renae x

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...