Monday 7 May 2007

Summer by the Sea

Well, I've been playing with a new stamp set and making lots of sample cards. It's called 'Summer by the Sea'. The stamped images are sketches and need to be coloured in. So I've used Watercolour Crayons, Watercolour Pencils, Ink pads with Aqua Painter and Stampin'Pastels. After colouring-in all the images I'm still not sure what would be my favourite way to do this. They all require time and patience and I've learnt it's best to work small areas at one time, as to avoid lines.
With the warmest wishes card, I've stamped the image onto Sarah paper and cut out the dress, then pasted onto the other stamped image to go on the card. It's a Paisley print paper, so I've complimented it by using the Paisley Print BG stamp.
On some of the cards, I've run the cardstock thru the Cuttlebug to add some texture. By using the Cuttlebug, I don't have to add much more to the card, as with the first card. I think the 'friend' embossing folder goes well with the above sketch. But by using BG stamps you can also add visual texture and interest to your cardstock.







All images Copyright Stampin'Up 1990-2007
I'd love to hear your favourite way to colour-in stamped images. Please do share!!

9 comments:

Jen said...

you have done a great job with those cards. i often look at that set, it is nice and i can see heaps of potential with it especially now! TFS

HH said...

Chan, those cards are adorable. Unfortunately I don't have an artistic bone in my body so I'll have to be happy with just looking at the creativity of others. Very cute.

renae said...

Hi, that stamp set is just gorgeous, i love it! Think ill be buying some of those ones next! xo

Lisa said...

Very nice! I really like how you made the dress with the pattern.

amymom24 said...

I haven't taken this set out in quite some time. I love the samples you came up with, especially the girl's dress with designer paper. Lovely! Thanks for sharing:)

Michele Kovack said...

These cards are fantastic! Love your coloring! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

What lovely cards! I am thrilled to see that my palm tree card inspired you to create your card with the little boy playing in the sand! :D

Christina Marie said...

Wonderful! :o)
Do you make any cards for men?
Why is it so hard to find nice ones for guys?

Chantelle said...

I know, mens cards are always harder to find and create. There's always more flower stamps. But I do love my Stipple Shell set. I may have to post some just for you. LOL

school @ home

Hello, I definitely wanted to record this little moment!  School @ home due to stay at home restrictions because of COVID-19.  It was certai...